Traditional banking system, Online banking, Mobile banking and now…here comes the interactive banking system through WhatsApp in Bangladesh for the first time ever!
Dhaka Bank Chatbot Banking
Enjoy your real-time banking through WhatsApp!
Traditional banking system, Online banking, Mobile banking and now…here comes the interactive banking system through WhatsApp in Bangladesh for the first time ever! For their loyal and growing customer base, Dhaka Bank Ltd. in association with Dhrubok, as the first whatsapp chatbot based interactive Banking system in Bangladesh, has started its recent initiative- WhatsApp Banking System.
Dhaka Bank Ltd.
At a Glance!
As a private limited commercial bank, DBL or Dhaka Bank Ltd. started its journey in 1995. Since then, DBL is providing service to its 426,730 (almost) customers through a balanced combination of 100 branches and three SME.
Interactive banking service: A step towards technology
With the assurance of proper safeguard to its customer’s information and money, DBL has started its interactive banking service, WhatsApp Banking. Through this solution, customer will be able to avail most of the features of DBL mobile banking through online.
Here goes the registration process:
- Identify the right DBL WhatsApp number. You will see a green tick mark besides the name and once you click the name, you will get information that will assure you the right DBL WhatsApp.
- From your registered mobile number (the number using which you have opened your DBL Bank Account) type ‘Hello/Hi’ to the DBL WhatsApp account. You will receive a link. Click the link and it will lead to a separate browser. If you are not already using DBL interactive banking, you will have to submit your account number and a new 4-didgit PIN number twice on the specific place of the page.
- Once you have filled the form, an OTP will be received by your registered mobile number from dBL. Once you will put the code into the WhatsApp conversation, your DBL WhatsApp based chatbot banking registration will be done.
- Once you have registered on the interactive banking, from the next time to start your conversation, just say ‘Hi/Hello’ in DBL WhatsApp. Your session will start automatically.
Currently, DBL is not offering this service to the customers without a properly registered mobile number.
Eligible Person for WhatsApp Banking service
To start online WhatsApp banking service, customer should have-
- Active account or card with the bank.
- Enrollment in WhatsApp banking.
- An active device and WhatApp account.
Above all, customer should provide electronic confirmation to start the service.
Bill Paying and Mobile Recharge
Paying bill is tough. While using DBL WhatsApp chatbot, customer can pay their Mobile recharge, DPDC, Desco, Wasa, Credit card (Dhaka Bank and Langka Bangla), Carnival internet and Akash DTH bill.
Discount and Promo
If there is any discount or promos going on, through this option DBL customers will be able to see and use it too.
Through the Chatbot, WhatsApp based interactive banking users will be able to collect their account information, like- Current balance (Card and account), balance history and so many things more.
DBL WhatsApp chatbot based interactive banking system supports wallet banking. Here, you can use Bkash, Nagad and Rocket at a time.
Ensure safety at its best
Considering the safety fact, DBL is currently offering this service to the existing customers only with an account & a registered phone number. All these conversation between you and DBL will be confined between two paths. This information will remain encrypted by WhatsApp’s end-to-end encryption. Communication between WhatsApp business API vendor & Dhaka Bank is performed through highly secured custom API built with modern cutting edge technology and best practices. Any third person won’t be able to see it. Still, to be 100% sure about banking safety:
- Go to Whatsapp settings -> Account -> Two-step-verification and enable it. With the two-step verification, your account will be safer.
- Never share your PIN number with anyone.
- Take care of your registered mobile phone number and use ‘Exit’ after every session for the maximum security.
- In case your phone is lost, contact DBL customer care center and report the issue. In case of need, customer will be able to deactivate the DBL Interactive Banking service anytime.
Benefits of WhatsApp Banking
WhatsApp banking not only provides easy way of tech-based banking process, through the new tool customer will be able to
- Transfer fund from Bank to bank and Bank to Bkash
- Pay bill
- Check current balance and balance history
- Continue banking safe and fast
- Get discount, promo information and answer of other queries