The 9th month of Islamic calendar, the month of Quran, the month of Jihad and the month of mercy and blessings – these are all analogs of Ramadan. The main idea of this month is to purify the body, mind and soul. Every year, billions of Muslims around the world observe the holy month with fasting from sunrise to sunset, intense prayer and epic charitable works to get closer to Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala. There exist many Ramadan apps both in Android and iOS platforms to help the global Muslims to make the most of this month.
Here I’m mentioning only three Ramadan apps which I, as a Muslim, found useful not only during Ramadan but also all the year round.
Nowadays, mobile phone is no less than an all-time companion to us. In an emergency, we at first search in Google even before we turn ourselves to any friend. Allah ordered us in Surat Al Kahf (chapter 18): “And keep yourself patient [by being] with those who call upon their Lord in the morning and the evening, seeking His countenance.” So, It’s high time we used our mobile phones to strengthen our deens. Muslim Pro app makes this task a lot easier. Main features of this app are:
- Accurate prayer times based on your current location
- Azan with many muezzin voices
- Fasting times (sahari and Iftar) during Ramadan
- The Holy Quran with audio recitations, phonetics and translations
- Islamic community
- Tasbih to count your zikr
- Animated Qibla compass
- Complete Muslim Hijri calendar
- 99 names of Allah
- Beautiful Islamic greeting cards
- A collection of duas and supplications for daily life
Quran is the most sacred book, the book of Allah. Even if it is not understandable to many of us, still reading it everyday purifies our heart. For regular use, the handiest solution would be if we have an app in our phone. Quran For Android comes with this solution. This app provides us with-
- Crystal clear images.
- Audio playback and customizable audio repeat.
- Ayah bookmarking, tagging and sharing.
- Over 15 audio recitations are available with highlighting support.
- Night mode with a soothing effect.
- Translations in over 20 different languages.
Download Link: Play Store
Athan is another useful app presented by biggest online platform for global Muslims AKA IslamicFinder. Whether you are on travel or having a busy day, stay on top of your prayers with this app. This app brings you lots of features like-
- Ramadan Calendar
- PrayerBook to log your prayers
- Prayer times of your area
- Qibla direction
- Gregorian and Islamic Hijri Calendar
- Quran with Audio MP3
- Duas for daily life
- Muslim Community
- Makkah Live
- Islamic Gallery
- Azan Notifications
In case you are having a thought of developing such an app for your community, consider us to be your partner in this benevolent work. Having previous success stories in related fields, we can ensure of something extraordinary. Delay no more and knock us at firstname.lastname@example.org.